Jesse de la Cour was born in Cork, Ireland in 1975. She is a self taught painter and illustrator. She worked as a digital medical illustrator for 2 years in Dublin before she moved back to Cork and began painting in 2004. She has been living in Oldenburg in Germany since 2010.
Although I love to draw and study anatomy my illustrations are spontaneous and influenced by immediate thoughts and surroundings. My paintings usually take a lot more time to produce, I am inclined to think more about what kind of mood is being created with the lighting and shading and the colours I choose. I am inspired by anatomical imagery, the skeletal and muscular composition of our bodies. Mental states or conditions, religion and spirituality are also themes I love to use. Having grown up and lived Ireland for so long I also include imagery from the sea, mountains and skies, in my work.
Exhibitions and Published work
- 2015 – ‘The Bear in the Bookstore’ Illustrated by Jesse de la Cour, written by Yvonne Morris, published and printed in the U.S.A. by Porthole Publications. Jesse was commissioned to illustrate a Children’s book, It is available to purchase on Amazon and most online bookstores.
- She has had exhibitions in Dublin, Cork and Hamburg including:
2013 – The Examiner Offices, Cork – Solo show
2010 – Künststatte am Michel, Hamburg -Solo show
2009 – Cork Vision Centre – Group Show
2008 – The Loft Gallery Dublin – Group Show
2007 – Cork Vision Centre – Solo show
2006 – The Mall Arts Centre, Co. Cork – Group Show
2006 – Tigh Fili Gallery, Cork – Group Show
2006 – The Penrose Gallery, Cork – Group Show
2005 – The Mall Arts Centre, Co. Cork – Group Show
2004 – Honor‘s Winebar, Kinsale, Co. Cork – Solo Show
- Her work has also been on loan to various events and businesses including:
The Sports Surgery Clinic, Dublin.
The Munster Interiors Show, Cork.
The Carlton Hotel, Kinsale, Co. Cork
- Jesse de la Cour‘s work has been acquired by renowned persons including:
Chester Bennington (R.I.P) – Linkin Park
Graham Knuttel – Irish Artist
Philip Gray – Irish Artist
Dr Guido Michael Fisser, Honorary Consul – Irish Honorary Consulate in Hamburg, Germany.
C.U.H. Cork – Jesse‘s painting entitled ‘Muse’ also hangs on permanent display in the Cancer Centre of Cork University Hospital.
- If you are interested in, or have any enquiries about any piece of Art, Original or Print, please contact Jesse at email@example.com.