Jesse de la Cour was born in Cork, Ireland in 1975. She is a self taught painter and illustrator. She worked as a digital medical illustrator for 2 years in Dublin before she moved back to Cork and began painting in 2004. She has been living in Oldenburg in Germany since 2010.
My work is about being here on this Earth or in this Universe as both a physical and spiritual human being. I am inspired by our anatomical physique and its connection to our surroundings and our minds. I am interested in our mental states and conditions and our need for religious beliefs or faith to survive. I am also influenced by the sea, mountainous landscapes and skies, these places are unpredictable being both beautiful and threatening at the same time. My paintings are created slowly and intensely developing over a period of time focusing on colour and depth, mood and atmosphere. Although I love to draw and study anatomy my sketches are often spontaneously created without the influence of reason or technical details, they often include humour and irony and are impacted by my immediate thoughts and surroundings.
Exhibitions and Published work
- 2015 – ‘The Bear in the Bookstore’ Illustrated by Jesse de la Cour, written by Yvonne Morris, published and printed in the U.S.A. by Porthole Publications. Jesse was commissioned to illustrate a Children’s book, It is available to purchase on Amazon and most online bookstores.
- She has had exhibitions in Dublin, Cork and Hamburg including:
2013 – The Examiner Offices, Cork – Solo show
2010 – Künststatte am Michel, Hamburg -Solo show
2009 – Cork Vision Centre – Group Show
2008 – The Loft Gallery Dublin – Group Show
2007 – Cork Vision Centre – Solo show
2006 – The Mall Arts Centre, Co. Cork – Group Show
2006 – Tigh Fili Gallery, Cork – Group Show
2006 – The Penrose Gallery, Cork – Group Show
2005 – The Mall Arts Centre, Co. Cork – Group Show
2004 – Honor‘s Winebar, Kinsale, Co. Cork – Solo Show
- Her work has also been on loan to various events and businesses including:
The Sports Surgery Clinic, Dublin.
The Munster Interiors Show, Cork.
The Carlton Hotel, Kinsale, Co. Cork
- Jesse de la Cour‘s work has been acquired by renowned persons including:
Chester Bennington (R.I.P) – Linkin Park
Graham Knuttel – Irish Artist
Philip Gray – Irish Artist
Dr Guido Michael Fisser, Honorary Consul – Irish Honorary Consulate in Hamburg, Germany.
C.U.H. Cork – Jesse‘s painting entitled ‘Muse’ also hangs on permanent display in the Cancer Centre of Cork University Hospital.
- If you are interested in, or have any enquiries about any piece of Art, Original or Print, please contact Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org.